This week we are going to finish the rest of “Reckoning” and take a break until the night of the This Side of the Grave Release Party on March 13th.
So, please join us for our next book club which will be held Sunday, February 13th at 8:00 PM ET. Last time we met, we finished with Chaps 4-6. For the next meeting we will discuss chapters 7-12 of “Reckoning”. Please have your answers prepared ahead of time as the discussion moves quickly. Also, do limit your answers to your top favorites. If you have other points you would like to discuss regarding these chapters opportunity will be provided during the “cool down” portion of the evening. Please be warned that we may discuss foreshadowing and other spoilers may be revealed. Attend at your own risk if you have not finished Jeaniene’s works. This book club is ongoing and open to anyone who would like to join us.
Questions for this week:
- Can you imagine Bones exposing the vampirism by quitting to pretend to be human and flying after Delphine? Do you think that would have prevented other deaths? (Considering Louis is still out there) Would you approve?
- Do you think Bones was calculating or cruel, when he decided to sacrifice the humans’ life in order to go after Delphine?
- What do we learn about Jelani when Bones confronted him? What do you think of Jelani’s story? Was it sympathetic? Do the ends justify the means?
- What does the scene tell us about the LaLauries?
- What do you think about Bones after he decides to “cross” Marie and hunt the LaLauries nevertheless? Do you approve?
- What do you think about Bones “capital evening” consisting of being out killing? Do you think that has changed since Cat is in his life?
- What do you think about Bones waiting until nightfall to attack the LaLauries? Do you think Bones could have rescued Becca more or less unharmed, if he had been there earlier?
- Did you learn anything new about vampire mind control?
- Bones describes the LaLaurie mansion as, “The shadows around it were darker now, throbbing with the memory of suppressed rage from centuries ago. It was almost as if those shadows knew their former tormenters had returned.” If given the opportunity, would you want to visit this mansion? Why or why not?
- What did we learn about ghoul blood?
- When Bones finds Becca, again, we see Bones facing a difficult decision. Do you agree with his decision?
- What did we learn about Marie?
Also, please check back for more information on the release party coming soon!